UPDATED! This is my Halloween Costume! :P
|My sister and me.. :D|
So this is what my TRICK or TREAT!! Surprise Cookies looks like: :D
Since the original recipe is using food coloring, and I found that difficult to get the dark color like I wish, so I modified the recipe by adding chocolate powder. This is the recipe:
CHOCOLATE COFFIN SURPRISE COOKIES!
Original recipe is from Trick-Or-Treat Cookies for Halloween
1 cup unsalted butter (227grams)
3/4 cup superfine sugar (castor sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp unsweetened chocolate powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 cup powder sugar
4 teaspoon water or milk
Candy coated chocolate
Colored sanding sugar
Halloween sprinkle and else
- Whisk together the AP flour, salt, chocolate powder and baking soda. Set to aside for a while.
- Using mixer, cream the butter and sugar until all well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed butter until well mixed.
- Then, add the dry ingredient and mix until all well combined.
- Chill, roll, cut, bake and decorate!
- Bake in 350 F or 180 C for 10 minutes.
- For the sugar glue, just mixed the sugar with water a little bit a the time until you get the thick paste
- Sandwich the full cookie and the center cookie, then fill the hole with candy or other, then sandwich the full cookie as the cover. And let it sit for a while until the glue is dry and strong.
- And package the cookies, and print the tag(below) and stick it to the packaging!
I'm using 2 layer of plastic wrap and I put the cookie dough n the middle of it. Then I rolled using 2 different thickness of rolling pin, one about 3 mm and other one about 8 mm. I rolled the dough the chilled. most people chilled the dough then rolled, I found that rolled help a lot time and effort. And I put the rolled dough in frezzer for about 15-30 minute, the dough is ready to easyly cut. For the thick part cookie, make sure the dough is not to firm, because it can make the cookie crack when you cut out the centre. I cut the centre of my cookies using egg shape and circle cookies cutter. Bake all the cut cookies a cold temperature, so the won't spread. If you find that you need browner color, add food coloring. Just remind you, the cookie will come out darker after you bake it.
For finishinig touch, put your cookies in plastic packaging and tied a black or other color ribbon or string or else with this cute PRINTABLE TAG, that I design specially for this Halloween season!
Save the the image, print it in photo paper A4 then cut and punch the hole! And you have the Creative and Cute tag for your Cookie packaging!
I hope you enjoyed this Halloween PROJECT season this time! Have a GREAT Halloween Season! ;)