So, my inspiration is from Martha Steward. I watch her cooking video, and I got hooked. And came out with this great cookies (Lemon Cassis Bon Bon Cookie). Today I made this cookies with my friend, Desi. She help me a lot and took many great photos. Thank You! ;)
Christmas BonBon CookieIvan Wongso
113gr Unsalted Butter
1/2 cups superfine Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Sunkist orange Zest
1/8 tsp Salt
1 1/3 cups plus 2 tbsp All purpose Flour
3 tbsp Corn Flour
2 tbsp Fresh Milk
3 cups Superfine Sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp Hot Water
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tbsp veg oil
1 tsp Kirsh essence or other essence
Food Coloring (I'm using neon color green and pink)
Royal Icing (for decor) :
1 1/2 tbsp Meringue Powder
3-4 tbsp Warm water
225gr Confectioner Sugar
For BonBon Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together All purpose flour, Corn flour, Salt and Orange Zest. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer (paddle attachment), beat soften butter and sugar until well mixed. Then, with the mixer running on low, gradually add the mixed flour. Continue beating until the the mixed become like sand.
- Add Fresh Milk and Vanilla Extract, and keep beating until formed dough.
- On a clean surface, transfer the dough. Cut the dough to 2 equal ball, then make a long log. Cut each log to 14 pieces, so the dough will end up with 28 equal pieces.
- Roll each pieces to dome, then place the domes on the pan lined with silpat or parchment paper.
- Freeze the dough for about 10-15 minute to help hold their shape.
- Then allowed the pan to come to room temp before put it to oven, about 5 min.
- Bake BonBon for 25 minute. The cookie will be white, but the bottom will be golden.
- Take off from the oven and let it cool to room temperature before glaze it.
- In a bowl, sieve superfine sugar to prevent lumps.
- Then, add all other ingredient beside food coloring and mix well using whisk. The consistency is thick, but stream when you pour it.
- Divide the glaze to 2 smaller bowl, and mix each with food coloring. Mix well.
- Using fork and spoon, Glaze the BonBon. Twice glaze each BonBon after all.
- Place on the cooling rack fitted with pan for easy cleaning. And let the BonBon dried up.
|Using fork and spoon for the glaze..|
|The Consistency for the glaze..|