Choose your language..

Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Food Coloring Collection!

Hi! Hope you have a great day. Today is my last final exam, feel like a freedom for me.. hahaha..

Like what I promise you all, I will show you my food coloring collection. But, I always buy a new color when I need it. Example: I need hot pink color for my PINK Bow Cake!, so I always buy new food coloring to get desire color. Sometimes, I mix couple or more of my food coloring to get some new color, Example: to get Green color in my Cathar's Sweet 17th Cupcakes!, I mix green color with yellow color to get that beautiful green color.

I some project, like my Rainbow Cake and Cathar's Sweet 17th Cupcakes, I using so many food coloring to get beautiful color. Make sure to not using cheap food coloring to get solid color. Cheap coloring is thinner in consistency, and It can change the consistency of your batter or buttercream and can be also change its taste to bitter. If your want to make pastel color, cheap coloring can be work. Cheap Coloring is not a bad food coloring. What I mean to say is Cheap Coloring has cheaper price, usually thinner consistency, and bad for coloring solid color.

This is my food coloring collection: :D
From Up Left- Right to Down: Food and flavoring color powder(Tan Seng Fong), Wilton's Candy Color, Wilton's Icing Color (Gell food colors), Trans' food color(Malaysia, I think:P), Hakiki food color(local), Toffieco Food Color(local), Diva food color (local, but good quality), Mc Cormick Food color(Give from my parent from USA), Americolor Food color(hot pink :D), Wilton's white-white, and a lot of Wilton's gell food color :D.

I like to use my Wilton's food coloring a lot. In Almost all solid color is get from Wilton color. For Chocolate Coloring, make sure to buy OIL BASED Food Color, or your chocolate will be unusable.
My chocolate coloring is Wilton's Candy color. I bought it online, because there is no local candy (chocolate) coloring in Indonesia. In front of candy coloring (at photo) is White food color. I'm using that to make my Vanilla Macarons whiter, is not really necessary, but, it make a little difference.
The Cheap Color group on the photo is include: Hakiki, Toffico, Trans and Mc Cormick.

Hope my post is helpful for all of you,.. see ya!
Ivan,.. :)

1 comment:

  1. ivan,klo di indonesia,dimana saya bisa membeli food color ? thnk u

    ReplyDelete