Choose your language..

Monday, May 14, 2012

My Vanilla Collection!

hello everybody! Today, I'm going to share with you about my Vanilla!

Almost in every bake food that I made was using vanilla. What is Vanilla? Let's see:
Source: What is Vanilla
Vanilla was discovered by South American Indians long before the Spaniards conquered them in the 16th century and they used it to flavor chocolate.
The Spaniards conquistadors drank chocolate flavored with vanilla at the court of Moctezuma. The Spaniards took home the vanilla and chocolate with them and ever since that time it has been used to flavor confectionery, cakes, biscuits and ice cream.
They also gave the fruit its name: Vanilla – is the diminutive of “vaina” meaning pod.

Vanilla Planifolia

Vanilla pods come from a tropical climbing orchid native to Mexico.
The plant bears pale green flowers capable of being pollinated only by a particular bee or a specific humming bird native to Mexico.
Vanilla pods are the unripe yellow pods of this exotic orchid and they are sweated in barrels before being sun-dried and graded.
Highly aromatic vanilla is used in perfumery and for scenting tobacco.

Okey, Let's see what I have:
Left: Vanilla Extract, Front: Vanilla Crystal and Powder, Right: Vanilla Pods Local and Import
It was awsome! Local and import product has an unique flavor and aroma! My Favorite vanilla is my Local Vanilla Pods, I bought it online! It was fat and full of vanilla caviar! My other vanilla is great too,.. Buy good quality or standard vanilla, because it will totally change your baking goodness.. :D
Vanilla Extract in my country is rare, so when I go to other country, like USA, I always buy some vanilla extract beside buying baking things. :P

For my lovely Vanilla Pods, you can get it here

Love,
Ivan..


No comments:

Post a Comment