7 Large Eggs (60 gram each)
270 grams Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp Cake Emulsifier (like SP, Ovalette but I prefer Starkies)
Dry (mix & sieve)
180 grams All Purpose Flour
60 grams Cornflour
60 grams Full cream Milk Powder
225 grams White Milk Chocolate
150 grams Butter
6 Rainbow food color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple) or Rainbow Paste flavoring (like Golden Brown-Indonesia)
- Preheat the steamer with enough water. Make sure the water boiling. Line the base of 22x22 x7 cm pan with baking paper and oil.
- In the mixer bowl, using whisk attachment, beat the wet ingredients until ribbon stage (Double in volume and thick).
- Beat in the dry ingredient until well combined.
- Last, beat melted butter and white chocolate in high speed for about 30 seconds until well combined.
- Divide the batter to 6 bowl (about 220 grams each) and mix with the coloring.
- Steam each color for 10 minute start from purple to red.
- After all, steam 10 more minute. Steam never make the cake burnt.
- Let cool completely for 1-2 hour. Cut the sides, transfer to cooking rack, remove the paper then transfer to cutting board.
- Slice the cake to 3 column, then slice each column to 20 slices.
- Wrap in plastic packaging and done!
Secret of beautiful rainbow: Use small amount of food coloring, increasing if necessary. Never use too much food coloring or people will frightened :O. Boring of rainbow? Make Ombre! Choose your favorite color and color the batter with different shades.
Pack your cake in a good tin or box and give it to your love one!
Hope you like it and ask me if you need any help!