Choose your language..

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy Mother's day, Mom..

Hi everybody! 2 weeks ago is mother day! And 2 weeks ago, my mom was sick, and should have a bed rest in the hospital. So, I decided to make a rainbow cake for my mother to make her (hopefully) happier. :D

Rainbow cake is a cake with thousand surprise! Rainbow cake is actually a white cake, divided, and colored. Good or best quality food color is make a big different. I'm using my wilton's gell food colors to make this bright and solid color, like in Cathar's Sweet 17th Cupcakes!

For the frosting, I'm using American frosting, that is made from eggs whites and hot syrup (water and sugar, boiled until 115 degree Celsius). Then, I piped using a regular round tip. Don't be to detail, they looks fantastic! :)
P.S.: Don't forget to put a wooden skewer in the middle of the cake! 

So, this is what they looks like:




Idea for you: :D
Last week, I found online some imported powder food flavoring. I think about using that food flavoring to flavor my macarons. But, I also think about using it to flavor up my rainbow cake. Isn't it sound fantastic? Each color of the cake has their own flavor. yuuummm! Unique!

Hope you love to read my post,,.. See ya!
Ivan.. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment