Today, I'm going to share with you my steamed "cupcake" recipe..
Indonesian Orchid Cupcakes - "Kue Kukus"
250 gr All Purpose Flour
250 gr Sugar
10 gr Milk Powder
1/2 tbsp Cake Emulsifier (SP, Ovalet or Starkies)
2 Large eggs
180 ml Sprite (for white cupcakes), Fanta (for colors)
Food coloring or flavoring (optional)
- Preheat your steamer until the water boiling. Line "Kue Kukus" mold (shaped like individual cupcake pan with holes all around it) with cupcake liner.
- In a mixing bowl, mix and beat all the ingredient using whisk attachment (Kitchen aid) or regular hand mixer until light, fluffy and thicken (about 5 minute using kitchen aid on high speed).
- If you want to create "ombre" cupcakes, divide the batter to 3 bowl and add food coloring until desire gradation color. Then transfer the batter into piping bag.
- Fill the cupcakes mold full with the batter. (IMPORTANT: fill it full or you will not get "orchid" shape cupcakes)
- Steam for 20 minutes. Let it cool in the mold, and Done!
Hope you enjoy and try this recipe, and have a great summer holidays!