|Special from floating market, Pattaya|
* * * * *
By the way, in floating market, I also found Corn Dog in ball shape. It was very unique! I bought it and it just taste like other corn dog, without CORN!
* * * * *
About 2 years ago, I found this good recipe by HILAH Cooking. I made it with some changes. Now you can make your own corn dog, WITH Corn :D
Corn Dog, with CornIvan Wongso
1/2 cup Polenta OR Cornmeal
3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1/2 cup Canned Corn Soup (cream style)
1/2 small Onion, puree using cheese grater or food processor
1/2 cup Fresh milk or Buttermilk (add a tablespoon of vinegar to 1/2 cup of fresh milk)
1 Package of Mini cocktail sausages (About 20 sausage) or regular Hot dogs
Oil to fry
Tooth pick or Wooden skewers
- In a bowl, mix together canned corn soup, onion puree and milk or buttermilk. Set aside.
- In other bigger bowl, whisk polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda until well blended. Then add the liquid and whisk until thick and well blended. Set aside.
- Set your sausages, suck it with wooden skewers. Preheat you oil in med (about 5 cm)
- Dip your sausages to the batter and fried it immediately until golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil and serve!
Hope you try it and share this recipe with your friends and family!